Weather in Brum Where The Sun Always Shines On The Blues.

Monday 30 August 2010

Birmingham City F.C. - Their Time Has Come.

The mountain top Spionkop, by the Ofot Line, e...Image via Wikipedia
I am in my sixty seventh year and one of the things that I look back on with pride is my devotion to The Blues. During that time  they have given me some of the most enjoyable and most despairing times of my life. I have stood on Spionkop and seen as much beauty and creativity as there is in a Michael Angelo painting as a supreme pass or  an inspired moment of genius raises my spirits to the nearest thing that their is to heaven here on earth.
Tears have rolled down my face as sixty thousand working people sing in harmony, "Keep Right On To The End Of The Road", which is the greatest anthem in football, either to urge the players to one last effort to win the match or in celebration of  what has unfolded before us.
The Blues are not just my opium trip, they are my route to joy, fraternity and never ending loyalty. I have made more friends on the terraces of St. Andrews and had more laughs than anywhere else in the world.
We are US - The Blues and although the journey has been long we are now cruising in fifth gear and Nirvana is just around the next corner.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: