Weather in Brum Where The Sun Always Shines On The Blues.

Friday 20 August 2010

I'll Walk Beside You

 It is an old cliche but music can lift the soul and reduce you to tears, sometimes both at the same time. It is strange how a different artist or a different arrangement can make the same piece of music sound totally different. I am not referring to so called "cover" versions here but to give you an example I have a Tchaikovsky piano concerto played by two recognised artists of their time and one has so much more depth and quality than the other that it is scarcely believable.
 My father was a great lover of the Irish tenor John McComack and was horrified when in the early nineteen sixties I bought home a modern version of one of his much loved melodies. Well judge for yourselves, dear reader.








 I shall be on holiday for a week but do hope you return, once again, to read my musings on my return.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: