Weather in Brum Where The Sun Always Shines On The Blues.

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Bob Marley

 Here is an artist that was universal in his message who spoke for his people, his generation with power, magnetism and most of all honesty. The first time that I heard him I felt that tingle that very few singers give to you. His music raises the spirits and brings me to tears. I am now over 66 and in my life only very rarely have I been privileged to hear a singer who is a giant amongst people. Such was Bob Marley.







 I was privileged to spend a short time in Barbados where the people are joyous and knowledgeable. This small island encapsulates all that is best in the world where people are shown respect and races mingle as equals and the scenery is stunning. As well as the beaches, that feature in the travel brochures, there is jungle and ravenous mountains. If I were to pick a paradise on earth then this is it. Everyone is a friend and a helper and if crime exists I certainly never saw any. Marley is of course idolised out there but when you mention his name they immediately come up with the following song of his.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Eva Wall said...

You are so right. When I listen to Bob Marley I can feel something in my inner core. He touches me. Funny enough, it was my mum that introduced me to Bob Marley and for that I am grateful.
I also love Barbados, its culture, people. Basically I love everything about it.