Weather in Brum Where The Sun Always Shines On The Blues.

Monday 27 September 2010

Ed Milliband

Labour's logo from 2000 - 2007. Updated versio...Image via Wikipedia
 I bet very rarely but over the last three years have come out with a profit of £1.67p on about fifty £2 bets.
I am on a disastrous run however after backing Argentina to win the World Cup, Birmingham City to beat Wigan last Saturday and David Milliband to win the Labour Party leadership campaign. I also bet on the Tories to win the general election outright and Pakistan to beat England in the final match of their one day series.
 I only allow myself to bet £20 per year and am now down to a paltry £5.33p in my account. I never bet on the horses because having worked for The Tote for several years I know that some races are fixed. Indeed it would appear that gambling is such big business these days that in sport fixing is endemic these days. With the advent of spot betting you can place a bet on almost anything and a well known former England international, who I had previously greatly respected, admitted to kicking the ball off the field for a throw in at an agreed time. There is only one way to deal with these cheats and that is to ban them for a lifetime in participating in any sport.

 If anyone out there has a cast iron, non bent, certainty for me then please leave a comment. More on Ed Milliband after he makes his first speech at the Labour Party conference tomorrow.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: