Weather in Brum Where The Sun Always Shines On The Blues.

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Hypocrisy and lies.

English: he scripture in the seal is: "בא...
 (Mossad Photo credit: Wikipedia)
In 1973 whilst working as a desk officer at GCHQ, I was posted for one week to the Middle Eastern Branch. I was in charge of reporting on Egypt.
 On my desk, one day, landed a telegram from the Egyptian government to their embassy in Jordan detailing what Kissinger had been telling them during his shuttle diplomacy. He was a serial liar telling different governments in the middle east what they wanted to hear, and as well as Nixon's Secretary of State our Henry, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, had a nice little earner in selling weapons of mass destruction. I was very pleased with the report that I had drafted BUT it was never published. I asked why?
"Spiked" ,was the reply from the head of branch, -"Why",  I politely asked - "because you need to know that everything that we get on the Arabs is passed to the Israelis and that also Kissinger has an agreement with us, as well as the US government, that enables him to veto any intelligence that he doesn't like from being published ", (e.g. from being forwarded to the Joint Intelligence Committee and The Prime Minister and other Security Services in Whitehall). He thinks this casts him in a bad light and does not want it published.  I was given no apology for not having been given this information on joining the Branch.
On grounds of conscience I asked for a move, because I had not joined GCHQ to have the results of my analyses given to the Israelis. At that time I was totally neutral on the ongoing Arab Israeli dispute. I was moved the next day. I believed that my human rights had been breached because I had not been given this information before starting to produce intelligence reports that may have resulted in brutal Israeli actions against Arabs. For all I knew innocent Palestinians may already have been killed by Israeli Mossad terrorists as the result of information that I had produced, which I  thought would only be distributed to Whitehall and our intelligence partners which I had been told about when I joined what the BBC euphemistically described in 1984 as "a Spy Centre". So much for British sovereignty and our neutral stance in the Middle East.
 The terrorist states are alive and well, and asking for your vote at a polling station near you.

           BBC coat of arms

No comments: