Weather in Brum Where The Sun Always Shines On The Blues.

Friday 11 January 2019

Shit Happens

On the sidebar to this blog you will find references to other places that I visit. One of them is Shit happens, which I urge you to read.
 In it this a young lady, in her forties, describes her existence on a low income in Brixton. She is courageous and not bitter. but describes the issues that she has to face on a daily basis.
 She was not awarded a medal in the New Years Honours list, like so many other do gooders who feed the poor, and in so doing aid and abet the Tory government, for their failure to accept their responsibility to protect the poorest in this country, through taxation, but to me she is a hero of this country.
Foodbank in a Waitrose Supermarket
 Please take a moment and see what it is like to live in her world, where it is a struggle to get through every day. She makes me feel ashamed of myself.

No comments: